The fastest, easiest way to know exactly when it's safe to open your radiator cap. Fits most domestic AMC, GM, Ford, Jeep, and Chrysler 4, 6, and 8 cylinder radiator's 1955-93. Various valve pressures available.
ThermoCap – 16 PSI – Red
- 2471R Domestic Thermo Cap 16 psi - silver. Knowing your coolant temperature can help to prevent burn injuries. Thermo Cap, with its built-in calibrated thermometer, indicates the coolant temperature. This is useful information prior to cap removal. Never attempt to remove Thermo Cap when the coolant temperature is very hot. The escaping hot coolant and steam may burn you. Check the Thermo Cap temperature indicator to determine if the coolant is cool enough to make removing Thermo Cap safe. If the coolant is very hot, then thoroughly rinse the radiator with cool water, until the coolant temperature drops into a cooler safe zone Thermo Cap's integrated coolant reclamation valve works great with your coolant recovery system. Your radiator can reclaim coolant from your overflow bottle. Wide 30 degree to 270 degree F temperature range. Calibrated in centigrade and Fahrenheit. Color-coded temperature ranges. Chromed crown with a colored trim ring. Indicates coolant temperature, Helps to prevent coolant injuries, integrated coolant reclamation valve, Improves underhood appearance. Fits most domestic AMC, GM, Ford, Jeep, and Chrysler 4, 6, and 8 cylinder radiator's 1955-93. Various valve pressures available.
- This Temperature Gauge Is Built Into Radiator Cap
- The Gauge Reads Both FahrenHeIt And Celsius
- Temperature Reads Between 30 - 270 Degrees
- 16 PSI Pressure Cap
- Cap Is Red Anodized Other Colors Available
- Fits Standard Radiator Neck
- Easy Grip Octagon Shape